Bradford T. Doll
Brad Doll focuses his practice in the areas of environmental and land use, assisting clients with permitting, compliance, and regulatory matters under federal and state laws involving hazardous substance releases, hazardous waste, water quality and use, and air quality. He handles defense of administrative and civil enforcement actions, environmental and land use permitting, and litigation.
Brad’s experience includes cleanup of contaminated industrial and commercial properties, allocation of liability for response costs under state and federal law, and environmental due diligence in real estate and business transactions. His litigation experience includes defense of environmental enforcement actions and citizen suits and administrative and judicial appeals in federal and state court and before the Pollution Control and Growth Management Hearings Boards.
Brad was selected to the Washington Super Lawyers® list in 2022, 2021 and 2020 for Environmental Litigation. Brad was recognized in the 29th edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. Before entering private practice, Brad served as a clerk for Justice Charles Johnson of the Washington Supreme Court. Prior to attending law school, he worked as an operations manager and business analyst at Amazon.com. Brad was selected to the 2016, 2012, 2011 and 2010 Washington Rising Stars list, which honors attorneys practicing for ten years or less.
- Water Quality Permitting and Litigation. Represents clients in matters arising under the Clean Water Act and Washington Water Pollution Control Act, including citizen lawsuits and appeals of Department of Ecology enforcement actions. Negotiates stormwater management and discharge authorization conditions under county and municipal regulations.
- Project Permitting and Environmental Review. Advises clients on matters involving due diligence, construction contracts, State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) compliance, purchase and sale negotiations, easements, permitting, and code compliance.
- Cleanup. Represents clients on environmental liability and remediation issues, including cost recovery and resolution of liability through consent decrees and agreed orders, and private agreements among responsible parties
- Air Quality Permitting and Litigation. Represents clients in matters involving air quality, including administrative enforcement and project permitting. Represents clients in appeals before the Pollution Control Hearings Board.
- Dangerous Waste. Advises clients on compliance with dangerous waste regulations including waste management, reporting, and waste characterization. Negotiates enforcement agreements with Department of Ecology concerning waste management regulations. Represents individuals and businesses in appeals before the Pollution Control Hearings Board.
- Quiet Title, Nuisance, Trespass, and Condemnation Matters. Represents clients in matters involving nuisance, trespass, condemnation, access and property damage.
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Federal Bar Association, Western District of Washington
Member, Washington State Bar Association
Speaker, Recent Trends in Enforcement of the Washington Industrial Stormwater Permit, ECOSS
Speaker, Advanced Stormwater Case Studies Workshop, Tacoma
Speaker, Managing Stormwater in the Northwest, Northwest Environmental Business Council conference, Tacoma
Speaker, Industrial Stormwater Challenges, Northwest Environmental Conference & Tradeshow
Speaker, Boatyard General Stormwater Permit, NW Marina & Boatyard Conference
Speaker, Washington Stormwater General Permit; Managing Compliance Liability, Washington Public Ports Association – Environmental Seminar
Law Clerk, Justice Charles Johnson, Washington Supreme Court (2006-2007)
Rule 9 Extern, Society of Counsel, Dependency Unit (2006)
Law Clerk, Torts Division, Washington State Attorney General’s Office (2005)
Law Clerk, Mentor Law Group PLLC (2005)
Judicial Extern, Judge Mary Yu, King County Superior Court (2004)
Operations Manager, Amazon.com (2000-2003)
Business Analyst, Amazon.com (1998-2000)
J.D., magna cum laude, Seattle University School of Law, 2006; Associate Editor, Law Review; Presidential Scholar
B.A., University of Washington, Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies, 1997
Washington State Bar Association
Supreme Court of the State of Washington
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
When not attending a swim meet or water polo match with his three boys, Brad is an avid cyclist and board rider.