Hayley Ventoza joined Tupper Mack Wells in August 2020 to practice in the areas of environmental litigation and compliance. She is a talented and dedicated attorney with a wealth of litigation experience. Prior to joining Tupper Mack Wells in August 2020, Hayley’s primary practice was defending and advising railroad companies in a wide variety of cases, with an emphasis in the Federal Employees Liability Act and Federal Railroad Safety Act. She started her legal career in criminal law, where she gained significant experience in the courtroom and in trial. Hayley has represented clients in both state and federal court and has negotiated hundreds of tough cases to a favorable resolution. Hayley has been named a "Rising Star" by Washington Super Lawyers® for 2021.
Hayley is also passionate about using her legal skills to improve our community. She helped establish the Veterans Treatment Program in Lakewood, Washington, which assists veterans with access to treatment, employment, and a supportive community. She has conducted presentations at local high schools to inform young adults of their legal rights. She successfully petitioned the Clemency and Pardons Board on behalf of the first woman sentenced to life without parole under Washington’s three-strikes law. She has volunteered at neighborhood legal clinics in Seattle to provide legal assistance to vulnerable populations. Hayley currently serves on the City of Burien Parks and Recreation Board, which is dedicated to strengthening the community through outdoor spaces and events.
- Member, Washington Trial Defense Lawyers
- Member, Washington Women Lawyers
- Member, Ladder Down Class of 2020
- Member, Parks and Recreation Board, City of Burien
- Associate Attorney, Montgomery Scarp & Chait PLLC (2017-2020)
- Criminal Defense Attorney / Public Defender (2013-2017)
- Legal Intern, Allen Institute for Brain Science (2012-2013)
- Rule 9 Extern, Federal Public Defenders in the Western District of Washington (2012)
- Rule 9 Extern, Ronald A. Peterson Law Clinic (2012)
- Grant and Contract Specialist, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (2005-2012)
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2013, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S., Central Washington University at Highline College, 2010
- Washington State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
Hayley loves to spend time working in her vegetable and flower gardens as well as reading, walking with her two dogs (Cedar & Rue), and enjoying her local community.